History of The Old Church of S. John of Froome (Commonly Called Froome-Selwood) Diocess of Bath and Wells.

  • Bennett, William J.E.
  • Froome: W.C. and J. Penny 1864


SKU: 6391 Category: Tags: ,


FIRST EDITION, 12mo, pp. [iii]-x, [3]-151, [1] + frontispiece. Contemporary pebbled purple roan, boards bordered in double gilt rules enclosing a blind rule and blocked centrally with cruciform design in gilt, spine divided by raised bands and lettered direct in gilt, other compartments bordered in gilt and blind rules, edges gilt. Just a touch toned, small tear to edge of half-title. Somewhat rubbed to extremities, front hinge splitting at half-title gutter. Ownership inscription of Edina Buckworth to pastedown dated July 25th 1866, ink stamps of the Guild of St George, Glastonbury to pastedown and margin of p. 93.


The first edition of this Frome-printed church history, which was sporadically updated and reprinted, reaching a fifth edition in 1955.

Location & Opening Times

3a & 4a Haddington Place, Edinburgh, EH7 4AE

Opening Hours

Open seven days a week, 11am - 5pm

On Thursdays late night opening until 8pm